The third hotfix to Prepar3D v4.5 (126.96.36.199698) is now available. It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
The Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3 contains numerous new features and improvements. Various improvements were made to VR including native support for the Varjo XR-1 Mixed Reality headset. Multichannel capabilities have been enhanced with stability improvements and better structured scenario support. Additional PDK tools give developers more control over multiplayer and structured scenarios.
Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. Each fix listed below is categorized per installer. Please note, you must first have Prepar3D v4 installed to utilize any of the standalone installers (Client, Content, and Scenery).
To install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v4 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel.
The Prepar3D v4.5 update may require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v4 Download and Installation Directions.
The newly posted Prepar3D v4.5 (188.8.131.52698) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 3.
Please be aware that some third party developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Added support for the Varjo XR-1 Mixed Reality (MR) headset.
- Fixed bug preventing gaze select cursor from appearing in some cases.
- Ownship can now follow waypoints when using the ActivateWaypointsAction.
- The ActivateWaypointsAction now correctly sets waypoint requested distance values.
- Fixed bug preventing waypoint list data from being queried by the PDK when running SimDirector.
- Fixed bug preventing Camera System PDK calls from accessing the latest interface version.
- Improved DIS wildcard handling and fixed issue preventing entity types from corresponding correctly in some cases.
- Fixed bug preventing preview windows from rendering in SimDirector in some cases.
- Fixed issue where shared cockpit would lag with more than four players in a vehicle.
- Fixed QueryService call for the IDISManagerv450 interface.
- Fixed issue causing irregular movements on nested attached objects.
- Fixed multichannel startup crash seen in some cases.
- Fixed issue where sound would still be muted in some cases when leaving multiplayer UI screens.
- Fixed wave animation issues when changing wind directions over the 0/360 degree boundary.
- Slew is now enabled by default in multichannel.
- Added a command line argument to launch Prepar3D directly into playing back a flight recording.
- Fixed cases where certain objects would have irregular movements in recording playbacks.
- Fixed issue preventing metallic occlusion properties from loading correctly.
- Fixed crash seen when loading airports with no taxiway paths.
- Fixed issue where scenario actions would not fire when starting directly into multiplayer.
- Improved handling of near clip in VR.
- Fixed issue where autopilot state would not load correctly in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing incorrect pitch to be set when loading an uncompressed 32 bit DDS texture.
- Added controls to emulate the mouse scroll wheel when using Gaze Selection in VR.
- Multichannel clients can now use direct IP autostart.
- Fixed issue where scenario objects would not handle events correctly in multichannel.
- Fixed crash when resetting structured scenarios in multichannel.
Content Fixes and Improvements
- Updated several DISEntityTypes.xml entries to ensure each default object is unique.
- Removed invalid FuelTruck object from DISEntityTypes.xml.
- Fixed flap configuration for the F-35A.
- Fixed issue with F-16 effects being added twice by removing effect file extensions in F-16 config entries.
- Fixed minor issues in the Basics of Flight scenario.
SDK Fixes and Improvements
- Added functionality to the PDK for Structured Scenario support for Mission Objectives, Goals and Flight Segments.
- Added additional multiplayer PDK service functions.
- Fixed TrafficToolbox dump airport list to correctly parse airspace types.
- Fixed issue preventing ImageTool from loading certain DDS textures.
- Fixed event ID filter for mouse inputs to allow custom ISimObject instance-based properties.
- Added [ClampingOnGround] variables to SimObjects to prevent stationary vehicles from sliding in some cases.
Thanks again for your support!